August, 31, 2022 - ExxonMobil will demonstrate how it is “Advancing Sustainable Solutions. Together” at the booths of industry-leading machine manufacturers (OEM) and distributors at K2022. Visitors should drop by ExxonMobil’s Information Hub (North Entrance #11) for full details and directions to all the demonstrations which cover packaging, automotive, consumer products, agriculture, hygiene, and medical applications.
“Sustainable solutions for the value chain differ by segment needs. ExxonMobil is focused on addressing those needs by utilizing our full performance polymers offering and our Exxtend technology for advanced recycling,” said David Hergenrether, vice president for polyethylene at ExxonMobil.
Of at least 60 OEM collaborations at K2022, highlights will include:
- Solutions made with certified circular polymers using Exxtend technology for advanced recycling of plastic waste which can broaden the range of plastics that can be recycled. Certified circular polymers can deliver the same performance as virgin resins which is critical if the value chain wants to use recycled content for sensitive applications like food grade packaging.
- The company says it will display solutions to enable mechanically recycled content to be incorporated, and even increased. According to ExxonMobil, its polymers are used to maintain or boost performance.
- Mono-material solutions, such as PE//PE laminates, which are designed for recyclability by reducing the number of components, including those often considered more difficult to recycle.
- Film formulations based on Exceed S performance polyethylene (PE) polymers that, by offering combinations of stiffness and toughness while being easy to process, enable converters to rethink film redesign for simpler solutions, the company says. Exceed S can help facilitate solutions with sustainability benefits by enhancing film performance, maintaining comparable performance at a thinner gauge, producing more durable mono-material film structures, or incorporating high percentages of recycled content, ExxonMobil claims.
- Lubrication solutions that enhance the efficiency of hydraulic systems can lead to reduced energy consumption for both industrial and mobile equipment. According to ExxonMobil, its hydraulic oilMobil DTE 10 Excel Series allows up to a six percent increase in hydraulic pump efficiency, compared to standard hydraulic fluids. Long lubricant life helps minimize the need for waste oil disposal with the Mobil DTE 10 Excel Series helping to extend oil change intervals and ensure clean systems, the company says.
- ExxonMobil will also introduce a product portfolio, including ExxonMobil PP grades, Vistamaxx performance polymers and Exact plastomers, which has recently undergone certification for use in medical applications including syringes, springs, IV bags and bottles.
“K provides a unique opportunity for ExxonMobil to display and explain our full portfolio of solutions to take on the challenge of sustainability,” said Hergenrether. “Working with our customers and the value chain we can make a meaningful difference in the world.”
ExxonMobil, one of the largest publicly traded international energy companies, uses technology and innovation to help meet the world’s growing energy needs. ExxonMobil holds an industry-leading inventory of resources, is one of the largest refiners and marketers of petroleum products, and its chemical company is one of the largest in the world.