- Highlighting new recyclable full PE laminated packaging solutions
- Showcasing discarded fishing ropes being turned into new applications with Vistamaxx
- Displaying performance and high-heat resistant films with Exceed XP and ExxonMobilPP
- Introducing original design solutions for interior car parts with a new PP color spectrum
September, 03, 2019 - Exxon Mobil will demonstrate at its K2019 pavilion (FG10.1) how, by working together and utilizing combined expertise, customers across the value chain can create differentiated sustainable solutions for a range of applications including: packaging, automotive, consumer products, agriculture, building and construction, hygiene and personal care, and lubricants.
“ExxonMobil continues to innovate through our technology advancements, while working with customers to help them create sustainable solutions to meet value chain needs,”said David Hergenrether, ExxonMobil Chemical vice president, Polyethylene. “At K, visitors can discuss their challenges and innovation ideas with us to discover the benefits of working together to develop sustainable solutions.”
Key highlights of ExxonMobil’s presence at K2019 include:
▪New full PE laminated packaging solutions, containing Exceed XP, Exceed and Enable PE polymers, which help overcome the recycling issues typically associated with conventional laminated structures. According to ExxonMobil, these new full PE laminated solutions can easily be recycled where programs and facilities to collect and recycle plastic films exists, while delivering the performance properties needed for quality packaging.
▪New technological advancements using recycled polyethylene (PE) in combination with performance PE polymers to produce a range of sustainable flexible film applications.
▪Rethink Recycle with Vistamaxx polymers. According to ExxonMobil. it allows low-cost recycled content utilization while targeting high-value applications.
▪Film technology that combines Exceed XP with ExxonMobil PP to deliver heavy-duty sack films with high performance and high-heat resistance.
▪New developments in coloring Exxtral polyolefins used for vehicle interiors beyond the dark/black and neutral colors that are currently available. A new PP color spectrum is inspiring the creation of original design solutions for interior car parts, while maintaining the performance benefits.
“At a time of increasing demand worldwide, there is a need for both investment in new capacity and the development of solutions that use less resources,” said Bhaskar Venkatraman, ExxonMobil vice president, Polypropylene, Vistamaxx and Adhesion. “While ExxonMobil expects to grow chemicals manufacturing capacity globally by about 40 percent, we are also introducing several technology advancements at K which will help customers develop new solutions for recycling and sustainable products.”
Additionally, many of ExxonMobil’s polymer and application advancements will be demonstrated through collaborations with leading machine manufacturers or presented in a series of TechTalks at the pavilion. At machine manufacturer booths, visitors will be able to see packaging films, automotive parts and consumer goods being produced using polymers from ExxonMobil and can discuss these applications with industry experts.
During TechTalks the latest advancements will be presented:
- Creating recycled solutions. Together
- Flexible food packaging–sustainability made easy
- Rethink Recycle with Vistamaxx performance polymers
- Extreme performance heavy duty sacks – redefining the future
- The higher road – higher performance films for load stability
- Agriculture films – plasticulture solutions for tomorrow
- Color your car –exciting polypropylene color spectrum for trendy interior designs
- Challenge reality of product appeal with Achieve Advanced PP
- Oppera modifiers–fresh thinking, fresh possibilities
- Shaping the future with Santoprene thermoplastic vulcanizates (TPVs)
ExxonMobil Chemical is one of the largest chemical companies in the world. The company holds leadership positions in some of the largest-volume and highest-growth commodity chemical products. ExxonMobil Chemical has manufacturing capacity in every major region of the world. More than 90 percent of the company’s chemical capacity is integrated with ExxonMobil refineries or natural gas processing plants.